Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Road to 405: Leg Day # 7

Location: Gritty Grotto

Time: 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM

Good leg workout today.  My body seems to do well when when my workouts are just after-noon. Warmed up today with a 400m run at a good pace.  Not a very long warm-up, but it seemed to do the trick. 

It was very busy at the gym today {new year's resolutions still being followed I guess}.  Therefore, I ended up skipping the leg curls and extensions to warm-up my thighs because one of the squat racks was open, so I jumped on it!

Back squats were first on the menu today.  5 Sets {135 lbs x 12; 225 lbs x 12;  255 lbs x 8; 275 lbs x 4; 225 lbs x 10} plus one set of front squats with 135 lbs x 15 to really feel the burn.

Still at the rack.  Time for some stiff-legged deadlifts: 4 sets {135 lbs x 12; 225 lbs x 12; 275 lbs x 12; 315 lbs x 6}

To finish of my quads I did 3 sets of 20 reps with 400 lbs.  Great Burn with this.

Next up, a few sets of hamstring curls with a drop set at the end.

Finished off with some seated calf raises and leg press calf raises.

Did a good 10 minutes of stretching at the end to help prevent the inevitable soreness that is sure to follow.

Although it didn't prevent me from barely being able to make it up the stairs at the end of it all.

Until next time!

No comments: