Sunday, February 15, 2009

‘Back’ at it

After getting my computer back from hp, in what I must say was record time, looks like it is time to start penning my “information” back into the blogosphere.

I’ll start off nice and lightly with my Valentines Day workout.  Which I must say, was surprisingly good.

After several cups of oatmeal, 6 pieces of pizza and breakfast pancakes over the last 12 hours, I was a big ball of potential energy and it made for a very good workout.

Started things off as per the usual with some weighted wide grip chins.  Warming up with body weight for a few reps and then 5 or so reps with 45 lbs. 

The meat and potatoes work included two sets of 6 reps with a 65 pound dumbbell.  This was followed with some close-grip chins with a 65 lbs for 6 and then 45 lbs for 8 or 9.  After the heavy weights, I always go for an all out set (of wide-grip chins) with no weight for as many reps as possible..got about 15 or so today.

Next on the menu was some barbell rows: 4 sets {135 lbs x 12; 185 lbs x 12; 205 lbs x 11; 225 lbs x 6}

Really getting a good burn today so all I needed to finish things off was some deadlifts. 

And boy did these finish me off.

4 Sets {225 lbs x 12; 315 lbs x 8; 365 lbs x 4; 405 lbs x 2}

Haven’t tried to do 405 lbs for a while (at least 18 months), but it felt good to feel some heavy weight again. 

Time to eat and recover.

Is chocolate a good post-workout meal?

Happy Valentines!

No comments: