Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Kitchen of Mass Production

Sometime I just get into a groove and to save time for the rest of the week I cook 3 or four meals at once.

Last night was one such night!

100_2489

First on the menu, well mostly to snack on while I cooked, some hummous and veggies!

100_2494

I finally prepared some soup from the vegetable broth I had slaved over last Friday (by slaved I mean thrown veggie debris into water and cooked for 4 hours without paying attention)

This hearty soup consisted of:

1 cup of black beans

2 Russet Potatoes

1/2 cup of basmati rice

Several medium-sized carrots

An onion

Several stalks of celery all sliced up

Some green onions

One large Green Pepper

Minced Garlic

some salt and pepper

I brought it to a boil and let it simmer on low for a couple of hours while I prepared my pasta (The actual meal of the day)

100_2491

Today's pasta ended up with a mixture of left-over spaghetti mixed with some shell noodles to finish off a couple of bags (luckily both were whole grain, phew, dodged a bullet there)

The sauce was rather meaty with a pound of extra lean ground beef, an onion and several cups of spinach simmered in a can of tomato sauce.

Magnifique!

100_2497

When all was ready, I mixed all of the noodles up with the sauce to make it all so hamburger helperesque

100_2499

Throw on some mozzarella cheese, blur the picture and you have a good meal...or three!

100_2500

Does anyone else have a day of dinner mass production?

No comments: