Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back Day Silliness

Today at the Grotto (No joke, the name of the school gym is the Gritty Grotto), it was back day as per the usual Saturday routine. 

However, I was not loaded up with my usual Friday night pizza, fortunately I was feeling my oats again so I thought I would get a little reckless with my chin-ups today.

Warmed up with 6 long full reps of wide grip chins, followed by a working set of 55 lbs for 7 reps.  Feeling somewhat invincible I attempted one rep with a 100 lbs dumbbell! Unfortunately,  I wouldn't call it a full rep, but it was quite close...maybe next time. 

After that silliness, it was time for 3 more real sets {55 lbs x 4; 30 lbs x 12 and 12 reps with my body weight}

Next was Deadlifts for 3 sets {135 lbs x 12; 225 lbs x 12; 315 lbs x12}

Underhand grip  barbell Rows {135 lbs x 12; 185 lbs x 10l 185 lbs x 11}

Dumbbell Rows for 2 sets {85 lbs x 12; 85 lbs x 15}

Finished up with some machine rows and cable rows and a little stretching.

The rest of the day shall be spent eating, hooray!

No comments: