Saturday, January 3, 2009

It Snow Good

Having lived in Winnipeg for the last year, I should be getting used to this snow business.  But I tell you, it's getting tough trying to get out and exercise even at the best of times throughout the Winter {which is practically 8 months long!}

I have been trying to practice what I preach by going out and playing hockey at the local rink daily because the University gym is closed throughout the holidays {Grrrr!}

But skating is being made near impossible because the snow just keeps dumping down on us! I even went as far as to shovel the entire ice rink {in skates} because no one else had done it recently.  Unfortunately, as soon as I was finished and was about to enjoy some nice stick and puck, Mr. Zamboni came out and started cleaning the ice! 

I didn't even get a chance to enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Needless to say I left.  Although it might have also been due to the minus twenty degree {Celcius} temperature.

Nonetheless! I fear that someone is trying to thwart my attempts to stay fit as this holiday season draws to a close. {Fitness Grinch?}

Luckily, I have been walking the dog, and that snow in the yard doesn't shovel itself!

Has anyone else found it difficult to get out and about this holiday season or are you just as good at making excuses as I am?

No comments: