Saturday, January 10, 2009

Super Speed Back Workout

Since time has become somewhat of a luxury as of late, the workouts have been tough to get in, but luckily I have been able to squeeze them in without too much trouble.

Worked out from 3-3:30 PM on JAN 7th 2009 at the Hospital Gym

Warmed up with a few long explosive reps of wide grip chin-ups followed by a few reps with 65 lbs dumbbell rows.

The nitty-gritty of the workout consisted of supersets of wide grip chins (25 lbs x 12; 35 lbs x 6; 45 lbs x 4) and bend over dumbbell rows (65 lbs x 12; 85 lbs x 12; 85 lbs x 12)

This got me off to a good start so I finished things off with some seated cable rows with stack for 3 sets of twelve reps super set with close grip chin-ups for three sets of twelve.

I'm quite glad I got through this workout, didn't take much time at all since I ended up working a double shift that day.

Needless to say, I was quite pooped when bedtime rolled around.

I also ended up with biceps that were more sore than my back muscles the next day! Perhaps the form just wasn't quite right.

No comments: