Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Sushi Night in Winnipeg

This Sunday, Mrs. Wife decided she wanted to make an ultra cute bento box lunch that involved a bunch of sticky rice.

Being true Vancouverites, you know what that means...

Time for some home-made sushi!

100_2470

Unfortunately, I was a little too gung-ho and when I decided to start the sushi construction I realized I had very little fixings for filling up the rolls!

So I looked through the pantry and grabbed a tin of pink salmon and loaded up the first roll.

100_2471

Amazingly, I actually rolled these up properly

100_2473

And I didn't even destroy them when I sliced them up!

100_2474

I ate these tasty little pieces for a snack and then made another salmon roll along with a very basic carrot roll

Like I said...very low supplies

Although I did have seaweed handy.

Strange.

The last two rolls shall be my lunch tomorrow, hopefully they taste just as good tomorrow.

100_2475

Bonito Appetito!

3 comments:

mrs shortcake said...

so I'm "Mrs. Wife" now? hmm? Those sushi rolls were delish!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty impressive. I've tried rolling my own sushi... not too awesome. I should really try again because this is a cute lunch idea.

theoddbod said...

why thank you. although left-over sushi definitely leaves much to be desired.